Wednesday 30 July 2008

Lots Going On - Double time

Okay so today is when this shit gets real, to quote not only Bad Boys II, but more importantly, Hot Fuzz.
As I type, two men are in our apartment packing up all our worldly goods to ship them off to China on a container. I've always fancied a long sea voyage, although as Caroline pointed out, it wouldn't be much fun in a container. Have to ask Jack Bauer, that's how we last saw him at the end of Season 5 heading off to China.
I think my entry will be a little less dramatic.
It certainly should be now that it has been confirmed my visa request will be approved, I'm relieved - the olympics has been making visas harder and harder to come by, but I've got the coveted (by me) 'Z' visa. Or I will have when I take the work permit and invitation letter to the Chinese Consulate in Manchester. It's all going to be a bit of a rush though, hopefully all will work like clockwork. Caroline also received her contract today - again a big relief, it means she can start on 1 September as planned and I won't be spending all of September alone in Beijing, where I don't yet know a seoul. Probably surviving on food like this.
A slight surprise with the length of the contract though, what we expected to be 18 months is in fact 3 years.
So it looks like we're going to be in China until 2011, when I'll be 31!

No comments: