Saturday 30 January 2010

Ten years later

In early 2001 while living in Brussels I went on a ten day holiday to Dubai with three friends. Chris's parents lived there, which made it a surprisingly affordable option for what was effectively a student budget for me at the time.

When we came back I wrote a piece for a newly established website, hostelworld.
http://www.hostelworld.com/community/travelstory.php/StoryNO.11
That website is now celebrating it's ten year anniversary and I am back in Dubai for just under a day in transit to Mauritius on holiday.

I thought it might be interesting to compare my thoughts of the place and see what changes have been made in the interim.

Apart from being overly worthy and a little clunky I still think that piece isn't bad. Take a look and at some point over the next few days I'll post some thoughts and photographs on today's visit for comparison. Unfortunately the last visit was recorded on old fashioned camera film, so without a scanner I can't easily post then and now shots.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: