Friday 28 May 2010

Insignificant places that play a disproportionate role

I am now off to suzhoujie for the fifth and final time.
I am sitting (and passing) my test at 12:00 and then I am never going back to that street or indeed likely that entire neighbourhood for as long as I live.
It has happened before that these strange locations end up being places I inexplicably have to return to again and again.
I don't even have to get a job out of this for it to have been worthwhile, but I am good at these reasoning tests and I want the chance to at least take the test.
When I passed the contract agent test in 2007 it also gave me renewed confidence that I hadn't completely forgotten the French i'd studied and perhaps today will do the same.
Aside from all of that it is good to be taking an important test, they keep you sharp and I'd hate to feel that my career was at a stage where it was no longer necessary to test myself.

I'll report back when I get the results and at some point over the weekend withthoughts and pictures from the visit of the in-laws and particularly our visit to see the pandas in Chengdu, Sichuan.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Gregwa said...

i hope it's good news mate!

p.s - we moved in last saturday and the house is lush :-)