Sunday 6 February 2011

On second thoughts…

I spent the last half hour of the flight crafting a thoughtful post on my immediate thoughts having returned from Myanmar. Then as we were coming into land I reassessed the idea given that Caroline & Sunnia are still there for another week.
So I'm either being paranoid or a responsible husband - you decide.
Instead I'll leave you with two observations; Beijing is always impressive to fly over, given its size. It's even more impressive when fireworks are going off all over the place under the plane - I can only imagine what the same vista would have looked like a week ago at the height of the New Year festivities.
The second observation is more a piece of advice; if a waiter ever asks if you've got a strong stomach for tofu, don't think: "I've been eating Beijing street food for two and a half years and tofu countless times"
Do think: "I'll take another look at the menu thanks".


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: