Sunday 14 December 2008

Moving in (properly) and leaving soon (5 days to go)

Well, well, where to start? I haven't been a good blogger recently, so apologies, but I blame it all on work! Everyone wants to get stuff pout of the way before Christmas and because it's not a holiday for the Chinese, they can't really see he rush, so it's all fun, fun, fun!

After a long period of wearing the same t-shirt every friday night and the same three blouses to work (not to speak of Mark who was even more hardcore), we finally had our beloved stuff delivered last Tuesday. So, I stayed at home and watched six Chinese little helpers unpack our stuff (mainly books, which they seemed to find very amusing) and afetr they left I staretd rearranging everything. I can annouce that we have now a visitor's bed (no, this is not a hint), more clothes and are in need of a bookcase. Luckily this is China, so getting a bookcase made to your own design is just the same price as going to IKEA. It's like an IKEA with better quality and more choice. So we shall pursue this issue then....

Another exciting thing of course is our retreat to the Middle East on Friday. 25 degrees I read ont eh internet (and the internet never lies) and one lovely lady to meet at the end of my trip. Before that, mountains, palm trees and family time!

So, in conlcusion, life has been busy, but we can't really complain and therefore won't. Slowly but surely, a certain routine establishes itself and with now knowing at least 20 Chinese words each, Mark and I can even order different kinds of food now.

No comments: