Tuesday 9 September 2008

Finally there!

Well, after getting off the plane yesterday, time has just been flying. Mark met me at the gate and we went for lunch with my new boss. Our new address (even though it's temporary) is where Horst Koehler has been lodging over the last days, so security has been tightened and prices increased.

Our little apartment here is cute, with a little business corner, a cling film cutter (of course German make) and a bathroom without a fan, which means you have to leave the door open after a shower to get the wetness out. It's a great starting point for flathunting and on friday we'll hopefully be able to choose one.

then, I started work this morning. The jetlag has not fully hit me yet, so I slept from 10 to 8. Still half asleep Mark dragged me to the subway (it was raining pretty much all day) and dropped me off at the Commission building. All very exciting and the work sounds great. The colleagues are really nice (if slightly overworked) and the ambassador is cool and totally into climate change (who would have guessed that big boss is engaged in stuff like this???). 

I had a rather random day, trying to remember people's names and reading papers about the section I'm in. Tomorrow I'll start working with one of the girls on 'my' project and open a Chinese bank account, so then I'll be almost settled. 

Ate Lemon Chicken for lunch and noodles for dinner, not bad for the second day int eh new world. 

Highlight of the day: a stand with thin plastic bags of different lengths to put your umbrella in!!!!!! 

No comments: