Thursday 11 September 2008

Update and Frogger

I've been pre-occupied since Caroline arrived and starting classes and all, so here's a fairly in-depth post to bring you all up-to-date.
I've decided that Frogger, below, is very representative of my life here is Beijing at the moment. Certainly my commute anyway.
The first half of the game is fairly representative of how you cross the road here. Green man or no green man. Although in fairness, the traffic is a lot slower.
The second half represents how I travel around on buses from Wudaoku subway station to the university. Because I don't know where any of them are actually going, I just jump on one heading in the right direction 'til it turns off course. I then jump off and jump onto the next one. This is feasible because of the aforementioned IC card which means each bus journey costs <4p.
PLAY Frogger






Diggy Games


I had my first class yesterday, it was quite tiring but also quite good fun.
Here is a look at one of my classrooms, including some students:
I can already tell this is going to be hard work, but I like a challenge and it's bound to be excellent experience, even if I only do it for the minimum of 6 months.

So for the remainder of this post I have three videos which pretty much speak for themselves, or at least I speak for them:


No comments: